Highlight Films have been providing production services to American and European feature films produced in Israel and Palestine since 2002. In some film projects only a few scenes are filmed in Israel or Palestine; in others a bigger part of the film takes place in Israel or Palestine. And we often film plates for completion of studio filming abroad. All film productions are managed by our Israeli and Palestinian teams, in collaboration with the visiting staff.
We work with the best film industry professionals in Israel and professional suppliers. Furthermore, our productionn team is experienced in preparing and managing complicated sets. Professional feature film equipment is largely available in Israel. In addition, all professional support and logistic services are available as well. Please note that we no longer use film, since there are no more professional film processing labs in Israel. Nevertheless, in art video and IMAX shoots we courier daily reels to Europe or the US for processing. Due to the travel time, set clearance may be a bit tricky...
Among the feature films we provided services for:
- Persona Non Grata: Directed by Oliver Stone, and filmed in Israel and the West Bank. Filming took place at the height of the suicide bombing in Israel in March 2002 and Operation Defensive Shield in April 2002.
- Mary: With Juliette Binoche. Director: Abel Ferrara. Filmed in the Old City of Jerusalem.
- La Strada di Paolo: Directed by Salvatore Nocita. Filmed in Jerusalem, the Dead Sea and Sea of Galilee.
- The Shooting of Thomas Hurndall for Channel 4, UK. Filmed in Israel and Palestine.
- Dovid Meyer - an independent American film. Sets in Jerusalem and other area in Israel.
- The filming of Jerusalem 3D IMAX in Jerusalem and vicinity.
- The All Inclusive Land - a presentation feature for a new visitor center in Israel. In production (2016).
Please contact us when you begin planning your shoot in Israel. We'd be glad to help!