Our production team is responsible for dozens of film, TV and video productions in the Judea Desert, one of the most remarkable areas in the country.
South and east of Jerusalem, the Judea Desert is known for its Biblical landscapes. It attracts documentary film crews, reality TV and video productions; film directors from around the world are looking for the unique, dramatic natural scenery. The desert was always almost impossible to live, and it still is… But may are attracted to the rough terrain, steep cliffs with deep falls, centuries-old monasteries carved in the rock. To sum it up, this area has it all: a fascinating history, archaeology, wildlife, nature, environment…
In the last years we worked on closing the gap in the lack of resources for professional video productions in the Judea Desert. As a result, Now in 2019, we have all the necessary personnel, gear and vehicles for video productions in the Judea Desert.
- Experienced producers, who are certified in rappelling – abseiling and know the various areas of the desert; The producers know which authorities are in charge of issuing film permits, safety and security.
- Camera crew certified in abseiling down and climbing up with camera gear.
- All professional rappelling and mountain climbing gear. That includes personal kits, tailor-made bags and cases.
- Professional abseiling instructors experienced with
working with camera crews.
- Experienced drone crews.
- A new 4*4 camera van and 4*4 logistics vehicles.
- Medical, safety and security personnel.
In the summer months the temperature is very high, therefore we usually recommend avoiding July and August. In the winter there are very few rain days, but there is an imminent risk of sudden flash floods: these occur when massive quantities of water stream down the Judea and Jerusalem mountains and cause surprising floods in creeks and lower grounds.
Such events were fatal in Israel, and we make sure to check with all professional sources regarding the risk of flash floods in the desert.
Significant sites for video production in the Judea Desert:
Qumran: A famous archaeological site of an ancient settlement near the northern end of the Dead Sea.
This is where the Dead Sea scrolls were found in Qumran in the 1940’s and 1950’s, and many caves in the area have been researched and excavated.
Marsaba: A 5th century Orthodox monastery built in the rock of the Judea Mountains. The National Park of Ein Gedi, stretching from the coast of the Dead Sea into the Judea Desert. Nabi Musa, on the not far from Route 1 between Jerusalem and the Dead Sea.
And many other historical and archaeological sites in this amazing desert.